Sunday, July 17, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)


“I never wanted any of you to die for me.”

            It is very sad to think that the Harry Potter series in both book and film media are over. I came into the loving the series only two years ago when I finally had an open mind and a curiosity to read them (especially after reading the ridiculously horrible Twilight series and seeing the God awful first movie). Although I came late to the series when my friends and brothers had been reading them for years I am so happy I read the books and watched the movies when I did. I have such an appreciation for them and I understood a lot of things that I never would have had I started when I was younger.
            Today I went to the theaters to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. From beginning to end I was not disappointed. In all the darkness there were light moments like Ron and Hermione finally kissing (!!!!) as well as Harry and Ginny sharing a very nice kiss (I can be a sentimental romantic at heart when I feel like it). I even choked up a bit and had tears in my eyes in a few scenes. It was so sad to see the end of so many beloved characters. I remember reading the book and crying and it was worse with the movie because even though I knew what was going to happen it was even more upsetting to see it.
            Voldemort and his followers storming Hogwarts was incredible. The whole battle at Hogwarts was filmed and acted so utter perfection by the whole cast and all the characters past and present. I am giving this scene away because it was one of my all time favorite parts in the book and it was one of the best scenes in the whole series: Bellatrix goes after Ginny with all the Weasleys standing behind her. Mrs. Weasley gets this look of such anger on her face and she yells at Bellatrix “Not my daughter. BITCH!” Oh my God! I can still remember the first time I read that I was so excited. Thank God I was sitting alone when I saw this today because I was jumping around like an idiot!
            There are so many other fantastic scene scenes in this movie but I cannot give them away. If you have seen any of the other Potter movies you know that it does not stop for one second and that the story will always keep your eyes glued and your heart pounding.
            The cast was amazing. I do not think another series of movies will ever be as fantastically cast as Harry Potter was. Daniel Radcliff, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint were perfection together. They were given these great opportunities as actors at an age when they had no idea what they were getting themselves into and right from the beginning just fit their roles so well and really made Harry, Hermione, and Ron their own. The rest of the cast as well were cast perfectly. Besides Harry, Hermione, and Ron I think the best casted character was Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix. I gushed about her in my review for The Deathly Hallows: Part 1but I have to gush about her again here. Bonham Carter took Bellatrix to a whole new level. The character is a twisted, creepy woman in the book but she just Bellatrix and made her even more twisted and creepy. Whatever movie I watch her in she just has the ability to add something more to her characters. There was a part in this film where I was just completely awed by her. It is not some earth shattering scene with earth shattering acting she was just subtle and it was great to see her in the scene with the other actors.
            Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 was such an excellent way to end the film series. It neatly ties up and sums up the whole series and the three friends’ journey. I greatly enjoyed seeing the characters’ relationships grow and seeing that they were always there for each other. If you have read the book you know the very ending and it is a wonderful ending. The movie ends the same way (but DO NOT go reading the last page of the book!! My one brother did that). I have some very fond memories of seeing The Half Blood Prince with my one of my best friends and all her friends who are Potter freaks along with my little brother at midnight. Being with them and a theater fully of Potter nerds was so much fun. It was also my little brother’s first midnight show and he had such a ball (he was eleven at the time and is now twelve as of this writing). I am so happy that he and I have that something special to look back on. He still gets excited when we talk about it. My friends all love him as well because he is not a typical little annoying kid so that was another thing that made the night nice.
            After reading all seven books and seeing all of the movies I feel like I am finally in on one of the most amazing things to have ever happened in pop culture. I feel like a cooler person in some ways for now being a fan of Harry Potter (what a nerd haha). I love the world of Harry Potter JK Rowling brilliantly created and her world all the directors, cast, and crew were able to bring to life. All the movies were so excellently made especially Half Blood Prince and The Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2.
            Do not miss out on seeing The Deathly Hallows Part 2 in theaters especially because this is the last Potter movies in theaters. The story, direction, effects, actions, and acting are all utterly amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment