Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Girl in the Cafe (2005)

Image result for The Girl in the Café
 “Don't think because I'm not saying much that I wouldn't like to say a lot.”

            I hate when I movie starts off decently and then just gets progressively boring. Great way to start a review right? Well, unfortunately that was how The Girl in the Café went for me.
            I am not even going to write a summary. All you need to know is are these points:
-          A man named Lawrence (Bill Nighy) and woman named Gina (Kelly MacDonald) meet in a café when he sits down at her table since the place is crowded.
-          They are extremely awkward people who can barely look each other in the eye let alone speak comfortably with each other.
-          They meet for lunch some time later and then start seeing each other for short amounts of time.
-          One night Lawrence asks her to go to Iceland with him for a World Summit meeting his has to attend. Gina agrees to go.
-          The whole time they are in Iceland their situation is uncomfortable and boring and dull.
 Image result for girl in the cafe 2005
            There you have it the very basic plot of the movie. if I were to explain anymore and have to think about it I would fall asleep right now.

            I was disappointed with the way The Girl in the Café turned out. Sometimes I like not knowing what a movie is about because I may not have watched them based off their description. I have to say The Girl in the Café is one of those times I wish I had read what it was about. I should have known I would be in trouble since it was written by the same person who wrote Love Actually and I hate that movie so much. The only reason I watched this movie was for Kelly MacDonald. I adore her. She was good but her character and the material were boring. Same goes for Bill Nighy. The story and much of the movie I could have found boring because my ADHD was kicked up immediately with how slowly it was starting off. It had potential I thought it started off decently with Lawrence and Gina meeting in a café. In this case I would not have minded the typical shitty love story. The Girl in the Café drags terribly for an hour and thirty minutes. 
Image result for girl in the cafe 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment