Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012)


“I thought that somehow we'd save each other.”
“We did. Penny. I'm really glad I got to know you.”
 
            I hate end of the world stories and movies. Yes, I do know that Seeking a Friend for the End of the World is about the world ending. Usually ending of the world movies make me so nervous. I am terrified of that aspect. Let the world end when I am dead in the ground! I could not help but want to watch Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. I had wanted to see it for the past three years ever since I was working in a movie theater when it was released. This is one end of the world movie that did not make me freak out. Instead it made me bored as hell.
            Dodge (Steve Carrell) is left to face the end of the world alone. His wife Linda runs out on him to be with someone else. He still goes to work at an insurance company even though no one else is really showing up. Dodge goes to a friend’s house for a big party and everyone is going off their rockers have a good time. Dodge does not want to spend his last few days partying or going all crazy, he wants to be with someone.
            That someone who comes into his life is his neighbor Penny (Keira Knightly). She literally climbs through his window and asks to stay with him after she and her boyfriend get into a fight. Penny reveals that for the past three years she has forgotten to give Doge his mail that mistakenly was put into her mailbox. One of the pieces of mail she never gave him was a letter from his old high school flame. Dodge is happy with Penny because he had really loved that person and she was finally available. They decide to go look for this woman together.
            Of course Penny and Dodge become close and they spend their last moments on earth together.
            Seeking a Friend for the End of the World was dull and boring. I regretted turning it on almost as soon as it started. Keira Knightly was great her performance is the only reason to sit through it, well, and to also see a young Amy Schumer before she became really popular.
Image result for seeking a friend for the end of the world 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment